tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: How to reference Shared Libraries with TOMCAT
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 23:57:56 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Zeeshan Ahmad [mailto:zahmad@i2cinc.com]
>> Subject: RE: How to reference Shared Libraries with TOMCAT
>>
>> If you have multiple tomcats and multiple applications then
>> you have to put the jars on a separate location
>>

> As Peter pointed out, doing so is a really bad idea.  The OP should continue to run what's
working, with the jars duplicated in each webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory.  Anything else is
extremely problematic.

Yeah, I once tried having a single lib location for the common jars, and
while I could get it working, it was quite fragile, and I ended up
giving each webapp its own copy of the libraries in question.  It's been
much more robust since then.