tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: retrive Arabic data
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 10:12:46 GMT
Hi Abdul.

Can you write exactly what you changed to make it work ?
It would help for future similar cases, if there were some tips 
available in the mailing list.

(Particularly what was /not/ the problem).

Thanks.


abdul razack wrote:
> Hi,
>  
> Please accept my appreciation for responding my queries.
> The problem of retrieving Arabic data is solved.
>  
> As told, it is not straight answer to the problem and need to figure out step by step.
> After making sure that everything is perfect from application and database point of view,
I figured out problem lies in regional and language option setting on Windows server. And
I corrected the same.
>  
> Again thank you for the help in achieving the significant result.
>  
> 
> Thanks & Regards
> -Abdul Razack
> 
> 
> 
> --- On Sat, 5/30/09, George Sexton <georges@mhsoftware.com> wrote:
> 
> 
> From: George Sexton <georges@mhsoftware.com>
> Subject: Re: retrive Arabic data
> To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
> Date: Saturday, May 30, 2009, 8:38 PM
> 
> 
> Christopher Schultz wrote:
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>>
>> George,
>>
>> On 5/28/2009 3:59 PM, George Sexton wrote:
>>    
>>> The issue is the default character set for Java. I've noticed that at
>>> least at one point in time, the default character set for Java running
>>> under windows was Windows-1252. Running under Linux it defaults to
>>> ISO-8859-1.
>>>      
>> That's a bold statement.
>>
>> $ uname -a
>> Linux chadis 2.6.14-gentoo-r5 #2 PREEMPT Sat Dec 17 16:30:55 EST 2005
>> i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1700+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
>>
>> $ java -version
>> java version "1.6.0_13"
>> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_13-b03)
>> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.3-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
>>
>> $ java -classpath .. Env | grep file\.encoding=
>> file.encoding=ANSI_X3.4-1968
>>
>> That's ASCII, baby!
>>
>>    
> My statements were based on tests I ran at one point in time. Here's 
> some tests I ran today:
> 
> OpenSuSE 10.3, 11.0 and 11.1 = UTF-8.
> Windows XP w/ JDK 1.6.0_13 = Cp1252
> MacOS 10.5 = MacRoman
> 
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message