tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From abdul razack <sh_abd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: retrive Arabic data
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 07:19:03 GMT
Hi,
 
I am using following tools and technologies for the web application
 
·         apache-tomcat-5.5.23
·         jdk_1.5.0_12
·         JSP, Servlet
·         SQL servelr 2005
·         Windows server 2005 enterprise edition SP1
 
 
1.       All JSP pages have the following code
 
·         <%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=Cp1252" %>
 
·         <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1256">
 
 
2.       In servelet, The ouptput of  request.getCharacterEncoding()) is appeared as
NULL
 
3.       In Database properties, collation is set as SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
 
4.       Database table column where Arabic inserted is nvarchar
 
5.       In insert statement, Arabic string inserted as N’arabictext 
 
6.       Deafault charset on the windows server 2003   platform is windows-1252
 
 
 
 I have done the following two points extra to retrieve the Arabic data.
 
7.       In Regional and language option on Windows server 2003, in Advance tab, the
language for non Unicode programs is selected as Arabic(UAE). 
8.       Restarted the window server 2003. Able to retrieve the Arabic data.
 
Thanks & Regards
-Abdul Razack

--- On Mon, 6/1/09, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:


From: André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com>
Subject: Re: retrive Arabic data
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 3:42 PM


Hi Abdul.

Can you write exactly what you changed to make it work ?
It would help for future similar cases, if there were some tips available in the mailing list.

(Particularly what was /not/ the problem).

Thanks.


abdul razack wrote:
> Hi,
>  Please accept my appreciation for responding my queries.
> The problem of retrieving Arabic data is solved.
>  As told, it is not straight answer to the problem and need to figure out step by step.
> After making sure that everything is perfect from application and database point of view,
I figured out problem lies in regional and language option setting on Windows server. And
I corrected the same.
>  Again thank you for the help in achieving the significant result.
>  
> Thanks & Regards
> -Abdul Razack
> 
> 
> 
> --- On Sat, 5/30/09, George Sexton <georges@mhsoftware.com> wrote:
> 
> 
> From: George Sexton <georges@mhsoftware.com>
> Subject: Re: retrive Arabic data
> To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
> Date: Saturday, May 30, 2009, 8:38 PM
> 
> 
> Christopher Schultz wrote:
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>> 
>> George,
>> 
>> On 5/28/2009 3:59 PM, George Sexton wrote:
>>    
>>> The issue is the default character set for Java. I've noticed that at
>>> least at one point in time, the default character set for Java running
>>> under windows was Windows-1252. Running under Linux it defaults to
>>> ISO-8859-1.
>>>      
>> That's a bold statement.
>> 
>> $ uname -a
>> Linux chadis 2.6.14-gentoo-r5 #2 PREEMPT Sat Dec 17 16:30:55 EST 2005
>> i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1700+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
>> 
>> $ java -version
>> java version "1.6.0_13"
>> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_13-b03)
>> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.3-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
>> 
>> $ java -classpath .. Env | grep file\.encoding=
>> file.encoding=ANSI_X3.4-1968
>> 
>> That's ASCII, baby!
>> 
>>    
> My statements were based on tests I ran at one point in time. Here's some tests I ran
today:
> 
> OpenSuSE 10.3, 11.0 and 11.1 = UTF-8.
> Windows XP w/ JDK 1.6.0_13 = Cp1252
> MacOS 10.5 = MacRoman
> 
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org




      
Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message