tomcat-users mailing list archives

From trojansnake12 <boppn...@swbell.net>
Subject RE: Debian Tomcat Fail
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 19:15:02 GMT

Basically, what I am sending to the server is a byte array that is a picture
taken from a cell-phone camera.  My client-side code looks like this:

			url = new URL(urlString);
			connection = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
			connection.setDoInput(true);
			connection.setDoOutput(true);
			connection.setUseCaches(false);
			connection.setRequestMethod("POST");

			dos = new DataOutputStream(connection.getOutputStream());
			dos.write(Global.rawImage);
			dos.close();

Now what I need the server to do, is to write this image to a file in the
directory /webapps/geosim/DRimages/.  Here is what I have:

doPost:
try {

			DataInputStream is = new DataInputStream(request.getInputStream());
			raw = new byte[800000];

			for(i=0; i<800000; i++)
				raw[i] = '\0';

			i = 0;
			len = 0;

			while((i = is.read(raw)) != -1) {

			}
			file = new File(filePath + d.getTime() + ".jpg");
			fos = new FileOutputStream(file);
			fos.write(raw);
			fos.close();

			file = new File("../webapps/geosim/gen-html/DR.html");
			fos = new FileOutputStream(file, true);
			tag += new String(" \"./DRimages/" " + d.toString() + "::::" + coordsStr
+ "</img><br>\n");
			fos.write(tag.getBytes());
			fos.close();

You can ignore the coordsStr for now, that will be null until I find a way
of dealing with embedding the lat/long in the digital image.  Basically I
just want to write the image to the server-side directory
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/geosim/DRimages/

Could you guys help show me how to do this using the ServletContext resource
handling?  I'm unfamiliar with how to do this.