tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Issue with Tomcat 6 on Windows Server 2003 x64
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:44:08 GMT
> From: abmoham@aol.com [mailto:abmoham@aol.com]
> Subject: Re: Issue with Tomcat 6 on Windows Server 2003 x64
>
> Did I miss this in any of the documentation or FAQs?

Not sure if there's any references in the FAQ or doc; the mailing list archives do contain
several inquiries about the issue.  I believe I remember one of the committers talking about
having a 64-bit .exe installer at some point, so the issue may disappear soon.

I did notice that the 6.0 trunk did away with the 64-bit version of tomcat6w.exe; a bit of
experimentation on my Vista 64 system shows that really only the 64-bit version of tomcat6.exe
is needed - the tomcat6w.exe monitor program runs quite happily in 32-bit mode and can start/stop
the 64-bit service.

 - Chuck