tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Just a few questions on my Tomcat Configuration
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:35:35 GMT
> From: Josh Gooding [mailto:josh.gooding@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Just a few questions on my Tomcat Configuration
>
> Servlet filters though aren't they defined in the server.xml file?

No, filters are an aspect of the servlet spec, and are declared in web.xml (valves are Tomcat-specific
and declared in server.xml).  You would have only one filter, not one for each company.  The
filter would examine the request URL and do whatever fiddling necessary for the specified
company.  A directory structure using the company names would provide storage location for
any company-unique items.

> I'm looking in the docs for filters but not coming up with much.

Look in the servlet spec and the examples that come with Tomcat.

 - Chuck