tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Just a few questions on my Tomcat Configuration
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 02:00:32 GMT
> From: Josh Gooding [mailto:josh.gooding@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Just a few questions on my Tomcat Configuration
>
> the problem I was having is that instead of using
> $CATALINA_HOME/[directory name]/ROOT, I was leaving
> the ROOT directory out and putting it into just the
> directory name (which coincidentally is how I have it
> under the webapps directory ->
> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/[software directory])

Not sure I'm following you.  Each webapp (you can have many for any given <Host>) should
be in a directory or .war file directly under the <Host>'s appBase directory.  ROOT
is simply a special name for the default webapp for the <Host>.

> <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
>       <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"
>              resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
>       <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
>             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>             xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false" />
>       <Host name="abc"  appBase="abcapps">
>            <Alias>abc.test.com</Alias>
> <Host name="abc"  appBase="abcapps">
>            <Alias>abc.test.com</Alias>
>       </Host>
> </Engine>

I hope the above is a transcription error, since you have an extra, unclosed <Host>
element.

 - Chuck