tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Just a few questions on my Tomcat Configuration
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 03:47:25 GMT
> From: Josh Gooding [mailto:josh.gooding@gmail.com]
> Subject: Just a few questions on my Tomcat Configuration
>
> I have tomcat running on a dedicated Windows server (this
> is a web server).

Tomcat version?  Always tell us that - we're not mind readers.

> My /conf directory is not exactly the same as what it is
> calling for (Approach #2).

What's different?  Again, we can't read your mind.  Choice of the two approaches is up to
you; some find it easier keeping <Context> elements inside each webapp (in META-INF/context.xml),
some prefer to keep them separate from the webapp itself by placing them in conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml.

> Bind each virtual host to the corresponding sub-domain (not
> a clue on how to do this)

Use the sub-domain as the name attribute on the associated <Host>.

 - Chuck