tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: fonts in linux
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 03:37:45 GMT
> From: newsletter [mailto:newsletter@energyts.com]
> Subject: fonts in linux
>
> We have recently moved from a windows to a Linux platform and we have
> noticed that the default fonts seem to have changed. Is there any way
> of setting them that same as on the windows system. we are using tomcat5
> on centos.

Do you really mean fonts?  Or are you actually referring to the default language and character
set?

Let's presume the latter, since the former makes little sense.  You might want to read the
FAQ on the subject:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/CharacterEncoding

If you really are referring to the fonts, that's under control of the browser, not the server.
 A web page can supply font suggestions (frequently by use of a style sheet), but it's the
browser that actually decides what font to display text in.

 - Chuck