tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitry Beransky <>
Subject Re: jk-to-tomcat multiple retries
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 20:18:56 GMT
> If you suspect a bug in Tomcat, wouldn't upgrading to a version of
> Tomcat where that bug had potentially been fixed be a good strategy?

True, but the problem is that I don't have enough data to make a
decision.  For all I know, there might be something really bad in our
code that's triggering this weirdness, something that can be fixed
with a 5 minute change. I would like figure this out before before
just "reinstalling Windows" :)  Hence, I'm asking here for help
diagnosing the problem, but if everyone else is as stumped as I am
then, sure, the next (reluctant) step would be to upgrade Tomcat in
hope that it will go away (but as we all know, hope is not a strategy

> Is there a way for you to re-play activity from your
> production logs against a staging server to generate the proper load
> and/or usage profile?

We've tried exactly that with JMeter, but the problem didn't surface.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message