tomcat-users mailing list archives

From will trillich <trill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upload stop after 30 minutes: Processing of multipart/form-data requestfailed. Stream ended unexpectedly
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 19:31:14 GMT
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Christopher Schultz
<chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> On 5/22/2009 2:01 PM, will trillich wrote:
>> - we'd accidentally set up 'default gateway' on both
>>
>> This meant the system was confused as to where to send replies.
>
> I recently had a sever misconfiguration in a slightly different way: the
> default route was set to use an eth device that wasn't physically
> connected to anything, and the server's primary IP address was also
> bound to that device.
>
> The symptoms were that no outgoing connections could be made
> successfully, but that incoming connections worked just fine.
>
> This was on a Linux 2.4 kernel, which appears to route the replies
> without a problem even with such an egregious misconfiguration: the
> kernel appeared to be smart enough to send replies to the "right place"
> regardless of the stupidity of the configuration.
>
> In what environment did this default route misconfiguration cause
> unreliable responses?

Windo~1 2003 Enterprise.

It was really weird. For hours at a time, all was well. Packets came,
packets went. Pages  were browsed. Then -- poof! -- no traffic at all.
We were originally thinking it was another computer with the same IP
address that had no server, getting all the traffic.

Nope. Just too many default gateways. :)

--
will trillich
"Our only real economic security lies in our power to meet human