tomcat-users mailing list archives

From will trillich <trill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: running tomcat5 -- as a service under 64-bit windows? SOLVED
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 19:23:31 GMT
Figured it out!

"How to run TOMCAT 5 as a SERVICE when running under WINDOWS 64-bit"
(enterprise 2003 in our case, but presumably this would apply to other
64-bit windows implementations):

Tomcat v5 is 32-bit, which won't run as a service under Java 64-bit.

The advice at
http://www.nabble.com/running-tomcat-5.5-as-a-service-on-64bit-windows-td6821449.html
takes us to
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/connectors/trunk/procrun/bin/amd64/

where we download the 64-bit wrappers (tomcat5.exe and tomcat5w.exe)
to replace the originals (in \tomcat\bin).

Then at the command line:
	cd \tomcat\bin
	service.bat install whatever
	tomcat5w.exe //ES//whatever

Set options, and voila! Start menu -> admin tools -> services shows
"apache tomcat whatever" and you can start it and stop it from there.

=====

Now we've got a new, follow-up question -- in a separate email.

--
will trillich
"Our only real economic security lies in our power to meet human