tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "will@serensoft.com" <w...@serensoft.com>
Subject running tomcat5 -- as a service under 64-bit windows?
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 17:33:21 GMT
Hi folks --

Short version: how to get Tomcat5 to run as a service under 64-bit Windows 2003?

Long version:

Okay, we've got Tomcat5 running from the command-line within 64-bit
Windows 2003 Enterprise (and cannot use tomcat 6/java 6 for our
project) -- and now we're working to get it running as a service...

We've replaced the original tomcat5.exe and tomcat5w.exe with the ones at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/connectors/trunk/procrun/bin/amd64/
as directed from
http://www.nabble.com/running-tomcat-5.5-as-a-service-on-64bit-windows-td6821449.html

And then command line 'service install' appears to work (it shows up
in admin tools > services) but the service won't start: it tries for a
while (netstat -nab shows it's running for a spell), but it quietly
gives up. tomcat/logs/stderr* does contain some text, but there's no
catalina.out, and start > admin tools > component services > events
doesn't give up any evidence either.

Plus, the mofidied/64-bit-savvy tomcat5w.exe which is supposed to set
parameters for the service, complains that 'tomcat5' doesn't exist.

Ideas?

--
will trillich
"Our only real economic security lies in our power to meet human