tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Deepa Annamalai <>
Subject Re: Help needed to run JSTL 1.1 in Tomcat 6.0.16
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 13:41:30 GMT
My file layout is like this

under this folder I have WEB-INF and META-INF and the test.jsp.
In WEB-INF folder there is web.xml and lib folder(having jstl.jar and

/DBTest is my context name and with this setup it works fine when I run the
application in Tomcat server connection within Eclipse IDE. But if I start
tomcat using Sysdeo plugin in Eclipse and connect to the server using
firefox browser with url - http://localhost/DBTest/test.jsp I get the before
mentioned error. In the server console,

May 20, 2009 6:36:48 AM org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache
> processWebDotXml
> WARNING: Internal Error: *File /WEB-INF/web.xml not found*
> May 20, 2009 6:36:48 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve
> SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri:
> cannot be resolved in either web.xml or
> jar files deployed with this application*

why web.xml is not found I am not able to understand.

Any help appreciated.