tomcat-users mailing list archives

From S Arvind <>
Subject Database pooling prob
Date Sat, 02 May 2009 18:45:07 GMT
from this stack trace i can find that there is no problem in Tomcat or dbcp.
But when i try my postgre from outside application its working fine but when
i connect from local tomcat application it not working fine. I disable the
firewall and all ... but i keep on getting this stack ....

AbandonedObjectPool is used
   LogAbandoned: true
   RemoveAbandoned: true
   RemoveAbandonedTimeout: 300
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Connection refused. Check that the hostname and
port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.)

When i tried the netstat to check my vista ports , at that time i found one
wierd line...

TCP    [::1]:80               Michael:50522          ESTABLISHED
TCP    [::1]:50522            Michael:http           ESTABLISHED

As my tomcat is listening to 80, i dont know why i dont  get the ip address
in the netstat result for port 80 alone..
It is surely my tomcat request since only when i make the request its

I think the problem in ip only... please any one help.. postgres and tomcat
in same system and postgres is watchin to port 5432 only.

"Many of lifes failure are people who did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up."
-Thomas Edison*