tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andre-John Mas <aj...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Basic authentication without a secure connection
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 18:27:59 GMT
The browser takes care of that, and you should not be trying to over-
ride it.
If you don't want to retype the username/password all the time, then
you can
tell teh browser to remember the password, or have the server in
question not
asking for the password, understanding the consequences - this latter
one
being more of a 'social' issue than a technical one.

If you don't want an authentication attempt without having a secure
connection,
then you could arrange to have any http pages redirect to https.

André-John