tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robin Wilson <rwil...@kingsisle.com>
Subject RE: org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket processConnection WARNING: processCallbacks status 2 - RESOLVED
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 15:34:36 GMT
FYI, I've answered my own problem...

First, the cause of this problem:

When using AJP, this problem is caused by a request coming from the httpd (apache) server
to tomcat, but the apache server is stopped from listening for the response from the tomcat
server. Usually this is caused by a user clicking on a new link before tomcat has a chance
to respond (fully), so apache has moved on - but tomcat doesn't know about it.

It can be safely ignored.

Second, how do you fix it?

For my case, I added the following 2 lines to the bottom of the 'logging.properties' (we use
the default JULI logging package):

org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.level = SEVERE
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.handlers = 2localhost.org.apache.juli.FileHandler

The first line tells JULI to only log 'SEVERE' errors from this class. The second line ties
this logging class to the standard FileHandler in JULI. (You may have a different setup on
this second line - I just copied it from another line in the file for the "FileHandler" setup,
and then changed the class to match the ChannelSocket class I needed to adjust. I figured
this out by figuring out which line mapped the handler to the 'catalina.out' file, and then
duplicated that setup...)

The reason I'm bothering to note this here is because in all the research I've done on this
- I found not one single "answer" to how to make it stop.

--
Robin D. Wilson
Director of Web Development