tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Youssef Mohammed <youssef.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: retrive Arabic data
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 11:23:20 GMT
u just need to set your content encoding to UTF-8 in your jspes
<%@ page pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>
I think also there might be a way to set the default encoding to utf8 !
Regards, Youssef

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 2:16 PM, abdul razack <sh_abdul7@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have Java web application (JSP, Servlet, SQL server 2005) running on apache-tomcat-5.5.23.
>
> I am facing one problem when retriving Arabic data from database. The data contains both
english and Arabic in table.
> when retirve  data from java application all arabic is appearing as ????. But english
is coming is perfectly.

> The combination of Arabic and english data will be inserted in the database through other
application (ASP.Net technology).The encoding uses (UTF-8). In database table arabic columns
will have arabic and english columns will have english.