tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: jk Status not showing errors
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 21:07:54 GMT
Matthew Laird wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I've been trying to get the jkstatus component of mod_jk running, and
> I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong in trying to have it report dead
> Tomcat instances.
>
> I have two tomcat instances setup in a load balancer, as a test I've
> taken down one of them.  However the jkstatus screen still shows both of
> them as OK.  I'm not sure what I'm missing from my workers.properties
> file to make it test the Tomcat and report a failed instance, so I can
> set Nagios to monitor this page and report problems.
>
> My workers.properties is:
>
> worker.list=production,development,old,jkstatus
>
> worker.production.type=lb
> worker.production.balance_workers=production1,production2
> worker.production.sticky_session=True
> worker.production.method=S
>
> worker.lbbasic.type=ajp13
> worker.lbbasic.connect_timeout=10000
> worker.lbbasic.recovery_options=7
> worker.lbbasic.socket_keepalive=1
> worker.lbbasic.socket_timeout=60
>
> worker.production1.reference=worker.lbbasic
> worker.production1.port=8009
> worker.production1.host=localhost
> #worker.production1.redirect=production2
>
> worker.production2.reference=worker.lbbasic
> worker.production2.port=8012
> worker.production2.host=localhost
> #worker.production2.activation=disabled
>
> worker.development.port=8010
> worker.development.host=localhost
> worker.development.type=ajp13
>
> worker.old.port=8011
> worker.old.host=localhost
> worker.old.type=ajp13
>
> worker.jkstatus.type=status
>

> Any advice on extra options to make jkstatus check and report when one
> of the Tomcat instances isn't responding would be appreciated.

While you are waiting for a real expert to comment, I believe I remember
from a previous thread, that there needs to be an actual request sent to
the misbehaving Tomcat, before the jkstatus will notice that it is down.
You may also want to consult the cping/cpong functionality of mod_jk, I
believe that would also work.