tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: retrive Arabic data
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 21:47:07 GMT
For Len :

I agree with what George writes below.
I also agree with the point that a webapp /can/ handle any charset
properly, if it is properly programmed to do so.
The point here is that probably, some webapp is /not/ properly
programmed for that, and just uses the default charset of the JVM
And, as George explains below, that one is different under different
circumstances. Which was why I asked the OP about the different Windows
flavors.

By the way, does anyone know for sure /where/ the Sun Windows JVM picks
up the default "locale" settings ?