tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sergio Arrighi <sergio.arri...@iminholding.com>
Subject Re: retrive Arabic data
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 11:26:51 GMT
In server.xml you have to set the http connector attribute:

  connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

Try this out!

S.

Youssef Mohammed ha scritto:
> u just need to set your content encoding to UTF-8 in your jspes
> <%@ page pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>
> I think also there might be a way to set the default encoding to utf8 !
> Regards, Youssef
>

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 2:16 PM, abdul razack <sh_abdul7@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I have Java web application (JSP, Servlet, SQL server 2005) running on apache-tomcat-5.5.23.
>>
>> I am facing one problem when retriving Arabic data from database. The data contains
both english and Arabic in table.
>> when retirve  data from java application all arabic is appearing as ????. But english
is coming is perfectly.

>> The combination of Arabic and english data will be inserted in the database through
other application (ASP.Net technology).The encoding uses (UTF-8). In database table arabic
columns will have arabic and english columns will have english.

>> Please give me direction what would have gone wrong.
>> Would there be any problem in Tomcat.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards
>> -Abdul Razack

	*I.M.I.N. Holding s.r.l.*