tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat Access logs
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 20:13:27 GMT
Vijay wrote:
> Hi,
> Any help will be useful... should i write a custom log4j class instead of
> accessvalve class in tomcat?

Yeah, well, welcome to the beautiful and mysterious world of Tomcat
logging.  It is unfortunately totally incomprehensible to mere mortals,
and you will need the assistance of one of the licensed gurus to
navigate through its convoluted and labyrintine subtleties.
My advice would be to leave everything as it is, and write an external
script using a real programming language (like Perl), to collect the
logfiles older than 24 hours and do with them what you want.

In all likelihood however, the apostatic paragraph above should trigger
some reactions here, so I would wait another couple of hours for other
suggestions.