tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Please respond to my mail
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 19:56:47 GMT
smadhava@tomax.com wrote:
If only to save you sending another of these "Please respond to my mail"
messages which bother everyone on this list...

As you must have noticed, you are pretty much being ignored.
There are a number of reasons for that :

- you problem is not a Tomcat problem, and this is a list to help Tomcat
users
- "Please respond to my mail" is a subject that is just about guaranteed
to get you ignored
- the word "ASAP" used in your first post instantly turned off 90% of
the willingness of people to help you.  That is because lists such as
this one are not commercial support lists, and you don't pay for the
advice you get, so you also do not set priorities.
- even if you post a genuine Tomcat question, and you post it in an
appropriate manner, but nobody here knows the answer, then you will get
no response.  That may look strange, but would you prefer receiving a
half-million "I don't know" emails ?

Maybe you should first read this (which is a reference from the Tomcat
mailing list home page, which apparently you did not bother to read first) :

Then, check this :
http://commons.apache.org/daemon/
That is the program that you are trying to use, to start another java
program than Tomcat as a Windows service.
The fact that this program is also used in the Tomcat "service" package
for Windows is, in this case, pure coincidence.