tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Getting Tomcat 6.0.18 to work on ubuntu 9.04 for public connections
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 17:18:51 GMT
NicolaiFrydenlund Larsen (NLS) wrote:

>>> Since I've installed the tomcat from remote I haven't tried to see if it >is
working with localhost.
>> Why not? That would be a good first step.
>
> I only have remote access to the server via putty so I can't browse to localhost.

Try this (one line) :
..path_to_plink.exe..\plink -L 80:localhost:80
userid@dkcphisafi11.dk.carlbro.net

(plink.exe is a program in the same directory as putty)

Answer yes if needed (for the possible message about the host), then
provide the password when prompted.
It will display a prompt.
Leave this window alone until you are done.

Open your browser, and connect to http://localhost

Miracle !

When you are done, in the command window of plink, enter exit.