tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Problems configuring mod_jk
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 20:39:04 GMT
Gregor,

Gregor Schneider wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm about to update an old Tomcat-instance (5.5.quite_old) to the
> latest 5.5, also I'm about to update an outdated mod_jk to the latest
> version.
>
> The old config of mod_jk had quite some depricated directions
> included, so I changed them (opefully) according to the doc I found
> here:http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html
>
> However, when I check the logs from mod_jk, I always get the following
> error-messages (multiple times, I guess it's one for every virtual
> host in Apache HTTPD):

Probably more like once for each Apache child/thread that starts.

(A VirtualHost in Apache is more like a "personality", it's not really a
process. Each child can impersonate any VirtualHost at each request.)

> [2009-05-18 19:34:44][18754:3078399680] [error]
> uri_worker_map_ext::jk_uri_worker_map.c (506): Could not find worker
> with name 'worker' in uri map post proces
> sing.
>
> However, I do not see where I defined a worker with the name "worker".

I see it, about 10 lines below this one.

> All vhost-definitions within Apache are alike when it comes to the
> jk-specs, thus I'm just posting a sample vhost-definition:
>
> <VirtualHost *:443>
>     [ ...]
>
>     JkMount /SingleSignOnCLUE/* worker  <--- right here for instance
>     JkMount /LoginData/* worker         <--- and here
>     JkMount /j_security_check worker    <--- and so on..
>     JkMount /IndexCLUE/* worker
>     JkMount /BMIWizardCLUE/* worker
>     JkMount /RRWizardCLUE/* worker
>     JkMount /DiabetesCLUE/* worker
>     JkMount /HyperlipCLUE/* worker
>     JkMount /ForeignTravelCLUE/* worker
>     JkMount /MartialArtsCLUE/* worker
>     #
>     JkRequestLogFormat "%b %m %q %s %T"
>
>     [ ...]
> </VirtualHost>
>
> My jk.conf:
>
> JkWorkersFile "/etc/apache2/workers.properties"
> JkLogFile "|/usr/bin/cronolog -S/var/log/apache2/mod_jk.log
> /var/log/apache2/%Y/%m/mod_jk-%d.log"
> JkLogLevel info
> JkLogStampFormat "[%F %T]"
>

> And here come my workers.properties:
>
> # workers.properties - ajp13
> #
> # List workers
> worker.list=wrkr   <--  that's the mismatch with above
> # Define wrkr
> worker.wrkr.port=8009
> worker.wrkr.host=127.0.0.1
> worker.wrkr.type=ajp13
> worker.wrkr.connection_pool_size=30
> worker.wrkr.connection_pool_timeout=60
> worker.wrkr.socket_timeout=60
> worker.wrkr.lbfactor=1
> worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
> worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=wrkr

So either you replace "worker" by "wrkr" in your JkMount's, or
vice-versa replace "wrkr" by "worker" in workers.properties.