tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <>
Subject Re: MAX Simultaneous connections with Tomcat on Windows XP Pro
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 16:39:56 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>> From: Arijit Sarkar Job Gmail [] So
>>> If I have an web application deployed on tomcat and windows XP
>>> pro, theoretically, unlimited users can connect to the application
>>> simultaneously? Tomcat or Windows XP does not place any limits to
>>> that?
>> There are no limits imposed by XP's license - XP's 10-connection
>> limit applies only to it acting as a SMB server, and doesn't affect
>> anything else.
> I have seen claims that it also affects IIS connections. Is it just that
> anything server-related that Microsoft sells is limited to 10 (total?
> per package?) connections when running on a non-"server"-branded version
> of Windows?
Yes.  We have run into that issue ourselves.  It's handled the same as
if a server had been trying to handle more connections than it was
licensed for.  This definitely includes IIS clients and SMB shares.  I
don't know if it also includes microsoft ftp and e-mail connections, but
it may (probably does, in fact).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message