tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: General errors in virtual host setup
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 20:36:18 GMT
Dave Filchak wrote:
> André Warnier wrote:
>> Something doesn't square :
>>

>> this :

>>> Correct.
>>>>

>> and this :
>>
>>> Starting Razuna Tomcat:
>>> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/tomcat
>>> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/tomcat
>>> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/tomcat/temp
>>> Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/opt/jdk1.6.0_13
>>> done.
>>>

>> So, where that /usr/opt/tomcat coming from ?
>> Where /is/ tomcat installed ? starting at /usr/opt/tomcat, or at
>> /opt/tomcat ?  or are these two symlinked somehow ?
> Yes .. the actual path is /usr/opt/tomcat but the is a symlink on the
> root which makes it /opt/tomcat
>>

>> And what is this ?
>> May 13, 2009 3:02:39 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina stopServer
>> SEVERE: Catalina.stop:
>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>>    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
>> etc..
>>
>> What is this Tomcat trying to connect to ?
> I do not know. This only started after I added this second domain.
>>

>> Speparately :
>>
>> According to your server.xml file, this Tomcat has a <Connector> set
>> up for port 8080, through which you could access it directly.
>>
>> So, what happens when you point your browser at
>> http://exodus.zuka.net:8080/exodus
> This times out
>>
>> and at
>> http://exodus.zuka.net:8080/exodus/something.html
>> (replace something.html by the name of a html document that is really
>> in your webapps/exodus/ directory)
> This times out as well
>>
>> and at :
>> http://exodus.zuka.net:8080/exodus/images/someimage.gif
>> (replace by an image that exists there)
> as does this.

Allright.
There is something really strange going on.
Can you, from some command window it does not matter where, do
nslookup exodus.zuka.net
and check if the IP address that comes as a response is really this same
host we are talking about ?
(you can check the current host's IP addresses with
ifconfig -a
)

Then, just for completion, start Tomcat and then do
netstat -an | grep LISTEN
and paste the output here