tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: General errors in virtual host setup
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 20:10:29 GMT
Something doesn't square :

this :

Dave Filchak wrote:

>> Ok, so we assume your tomcat's CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE are
>> both /usr/opt/tomcat, and below that you have directories like
>> - bin
>> - conf
>> - webapps
>> - logs
>> right ?
> Correct.

and this :

> Starting Razuna Tomcat:
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/tomcat
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/tomcat
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/tomcat/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/opt/jdk1.6.0_13
> done.

So, where that /usr/opt/tomcat coming from ?
Where /is/ tomcat installed ? starting at /usr/opt/tomcat, or at
/opt/tomcat ?  or are these two symlinked somehow ?

And what is this ?
May 13, 2009 3:02:39 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina stopServer
SEVERE: Catalina.stop:
etc..

What is this Tomcat trying to connect to ?

Speparately :

According to your server.xml file, this Tomcat has a <Connector> set up
for port 8080, through which you could access it directly.

So, what happens when you point your browser at
http://exodus.zuka.net:8080/exodus

and at
http://exodus.zuka.net:8080/exodus/something.html
(replace something.html by the name of a html document that is really in
your webapps/exodus/ directory)

and at :
http://exodus.zuka.net:8080/exodus/images/someimage.gif
(replace by an image that exists there)