tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Performance with many small requests
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 12:18:57 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: David kerber [mailto:dckerber@verizon.net]
>> Subject: Re: Performance with many small requests
>>
>> if I use tomcat5w.exe to take a thread dump, where does it
>> leave the file?
>>

> If you can take a thread dump with tomct5w.exe, please let us know how, because I'm certainly
not aware of it having such a capability.

If you right-click on the icon in the system try, one of the items says
"Thread dump".

> The platform-independent method is to use jps to find the process id of the Tomcat instance,
then jstack to create the thread dump.  These tools are part of the JDK from 1.5 onwards;
documentation is on the java.sun.com web site, but you probably won't need the doc.

Ok, I'll have to install the jdk then; I've only got the jre installed
on the server.