tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David.Meldrum" <david.meld...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Extra Threads in background
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 21:32:03 GMT
Well removing the extra <host> element from my server.xml fixed the
problem and I now only have the one Background thread I intended.  You
are right, less resources consumed.  I am not sure where I got the idea
I needed:

>  <Host name="southchurch.ath.cx"  appBase="webapps"
>          unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>          xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>      </Host>

Probably read it as an example in a book.

Christopher Schultz wrote:
> Yup: you have two <Host> elements pointing to the same deployment
> directory. All of your webapps are being deployed one for each <Host>.
> Thus, you get two of them.

> It is. If your thread has a "please die" boolean that it checks, you should simply set
that and allow the thread to finish on its own.

This is what I do and it works fine now.  The thread dies very fast.

-d