tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How to make request parameters available to a login.jsp?
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 07:32:39 GMT
Sid Sidney wrote:
> One thing I've just found out is that if I enable the  <valve> RequestDumperValue</valve>
> The post data becomes available to the login.jsp.
>
>  <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve"/>
>
> I'm going to have to look more at this.
But that one's kind of "expensive".

Again I'm not the Tomcat expert here.
But it seems to me that if you are going to go that path, and use
something that is not "officially" in either Tomcat or in the Servlet
Spec, you run the risk of it stopping from working at some undeterminate
moment/version in the future.
Maybe you would do better rethinking your logic a bit, and see if there
is not an easier way to determine who the client is, rather than by
digging out the previous request data (of which there might not be any).
You could for example pick up the IP of the customer and determine that
way who he is, before even sending the login page.  That could probably
be done with a servlet filter.
How many different "customers" are we talking about ?