tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: unable to start tomcat4 on unix
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 15:11:58 GMT
bhavik shah wrote:
> hi experts,
> I am getting the following error message when i tried to start the tomcat4
> on unix server
> I checked the bootstrap.jar file is there in tomcat/bin directory. I would
> appreciate if you would let me know how to troubleshoot the issue.

That is such an old Tomcat version, that it may just be its way of
telling you that it's now time for it to retire.

But really, a bit more details would help.
On what kind of system is this ?
How do you start Tomcat on that system ?
Where does that Tomcat come from ?
Is this a Tomcat you just installed, and has never run before, or an old
system where it has been running for years previously ?
If the latter, what did you change ?