tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: possible to monitor cxn accept queue in NIO?
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 02:04:25 GMT
acceptCount controls a TCP stack parameter for a backlog.
The only way to monitor the backlog, would be to use tools for your
operating system that let you introspect the TCP information the stack
implementation provides

so that is one level of an accepted connection, accepted by the OS, but
not yet dealt with by the Java application (tomcat).
at this point, the system doesn't expose how many connections are
registered with the NIO poller

Filip