tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Server can't load himself (without using localhost)
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 20:53:26 GMT
2009/5/26 Sibil87 <giorgio.zamparelli@gmail.com>:

> Hi guys!
>
> I mount Tomcat 6.0 on my server and u can visit it at
> http://application.sogetel.it:8080.
>
> If I open any browser from that machine and I try to visit
> http://localhost:8080 I can see my Servlet Manager and it's all ok.
>
> If I open any browser from that machine and I try to visit
> http://application.sogetel.it:8080 I don't have any response...
>
> Why http://application.sogetel.it:8080 is not working on the same machine?!?
> Is there any conf file of Tomcat I have to change to make it work?!?!

Can you ping / tracert / traceroute from that machine to
application.sogetel.it ?

Usually such address as 'application.sogetel.it' translates to an
external IP of your firewall / NAT router, and that IP is not
reachable from inside of your network / DMZ. (That depends on your
router configuration)

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko