tomcat-users mailing list archives

From abdul razack <sh_abd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: retrive Arabic data
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 11:31:27 GMT
Thanks for the quick reply.
In  all JSP pages, i am using
 <%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8" %>

But I am surprise to see in servlet that request.getCharacterEncoding ( ) as null.

-Abdul Razack

--- On Wed, 5/27/09, Sergio Arrighi <sergio.arrighi@iminholding.com> wrote:

From: Sergio Arrighi <sergio.arrighi@iminholding.com>
Subject: Re: retrive Arabic data
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 4:51 PM

Hi,

Try to check the encoding of your jsp pages! It must be UTF-8 as well!

BB
S.

abdul razack ha scritto:
> Hi,
>   I have Java web application (JSP, Servlet, SQL server 2005) running on apache-tomcat-5.5.23.
I am facing one problem when retriving Arabic data from database. The data contains both english
and Arabic in table. when retirve  data from java application all arabic is appearing as
????. But english is coming is perfectly.  The combination of Arabic and english data will
be inserted in the database through other application (ASP.Net technology).The encoding uses
(UTF-8). In database table arabic columns will have arabic and english columns will have english.
>  Please give me direction what would have gone wrong. Would there be any problem in
Tomcat.
>  Thanks & Regards
> -Abdul Razack

--     *I.M.I.N. Holding s.r.l.*