tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sibusiso khoza" <bdkh...@telkomsa.net>
Subject Please help
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 21:15:19 GMT
HI,

I'm quite new at using tomcat.  I've installed tomcat 4.1.  I've followed my book (Java Programming
(Shelly Cashman Series)) and modified my web.xml ("invoker") in the web-inf directory &
enabled servlet reloading for tomcat.  Tomcat seems to be working well & all the servlet
examples work fine.   I assume my classpaths are all correct.

I've susscessfully compiled a servlet called WebStocks which is the controller in my MVC model
and placed it in the classes folder in the web-inf directory.

I am able to access the index.html through (localhost:8080/index.html).
 My aplication requires you to log on the index.html and when you click "log on", the userName
and password are supposed to bo posted to the WebStocks servlet.
However, when I click "log on",  all that is displayed is:
 Status 404 - /servlet/WebStocks

type Status report

message /servlet/WebStocks

description The requested resource (/servlet/WebStocks) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/4.1.18