tomcat-users mailing list archives

From abdul razack <sh_abd...@yahoo.com>
Subject retrive Arabic data
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 11:16:09 GMT
Hi,

 I have Java web application (JSP, Servlet, SQL server 2005) running on apache-tomcat-5.5.23.

I am facing one problem when retriving Arabic data from database. The data contains both english
and Arabic in table.
when retirve  data from java application all arabic is appearing as ????. But english is
coming is perfectly.

The combination of Arabic and english data will be inserted in the database through other
application (ASP.Net technology).The encoding uses (UTF-8). In database table arabic columns
will have arabic and english columns will have english.

Please give me direction what would have gone wrong.
Would there be any problem in Tomcat.

Thanks & Regards
-Abdul Razack