tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Debian Tomcat Fail
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 03:48:08 GMT
> From: trojansnake12 [mailto:boppnick@swbell.net]
> Subject: Re: Debian Tomcat Fail
>
> I've switched to using Sun Java 6, and now my stuff doesn't crash,
> but I get internal errors all over the place.

Now that you've switched to a real JVM, try a real Tomcat to go with it - one downloaded from
tomcat.apache.org.  The 3rd-party repackaged versions have been known to cause all sorts of
problems and bizarre errors that are almost impossible to figure out.  Running a real Tomcat
will at least give everyone a known base to start from.

Once you have a real Tomcat installed on the Debian box (perhaps you already do), tell us
the version, along with any command-line options you're using to run it (in particular, anything
about a security manager).

 - Chuck