tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Language
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 12:41:48 GMT
> From: A A [mailto:masvalesoloque@yahoo.es]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat Language
>
> Checking java variables with and jsp in each tomcat, we see that
> java.text.DateFormat.getInstance() returns mm/dd/yy in the english
> manager and dd/mm/yy in the spanish manager.
>
> Any suggestion?

Examine the system properties in each Tomcat instance; this can be done with JConsole, but
installing Lambda Probe makes it easier.  Compare the two sets for differences, especially
the user.country and user.language settings.

This happened to one other user a few months ago, and was found to be caused by a webapp setting
those variables on the fly (as I recall).  Since they're global, it affected everything in
the JVM.

 - Chuck