tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gregor Schneider <>
Subject Re: redirection
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 15:31:34 GMT

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Peter Crowther
<> wrote:

> And, indeed, *assuming* that Apache + mod_security + mod_jk + Tomcat has fewer vulnerabilities
than just Tomcat.
> I'd also be very interested to see the evidence (either way) on that.
See, I believe in the statement that the more components you're adding
to an environment, the more possibilities there are for a
security-hole. However, to believe is not to know...

However, when I check full-disclosure and other security-lists, I see
few issues referring to Tomcat, but I see quite some issues referring
to HTTPD and it's modules.

I guess if you're once able to break HTTPD and found your way into the
box, harm is on it's way. I further /believe/ that from this point it
makes sense to use as few components as possible.

Anyhow, that's what I believe, not what I know.

just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2
gpgp-key available

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message