tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jill Han" <jill....@alverno.edu>
Subject RE: customize HTTP Status 401 error page
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:04:00 GMT
The display-name is Faculty Resources.
If I supply this name to the url, http://localhost:8080/Faculty Resources, it will generate
404 error.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:08 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: customize HTTP Status 401 error page

the url-pattern is usually the contextPath such as
http://host:port + ContextPath is compared to the <url-pattern>

http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs61/webapp/web_xml.html

what is the webapplication name?
what happens when you supply the webapplication name to <url-pattern>
and restart TC?

Martin
Disclaimer and Confidentiality/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Note de déni et de
confidentialité
This message is confidential. If you should not be the intended receiver, then we ask politely
to report. Each unauthorized forwarding or manufacturing of a copy is inadmissible. This message
serves only for the exchange of information and has no legal binding effect. Due to the easy
manipulation of emails we cannot take responsibility over the the contents.
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Subject: RE: customize HTTP Status 401 error page
> Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:19:39 -0500
> From: jill.han@alverno.edu
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
>
> Here is web.xml
> <web-app>
>   <display-name>Faculty Resources</display-name>
>   <security-constraint>
>     <web-resource-collection>
>       <web-resource-name>FACRES</web-resource-name>
>       <url-pattern>*</url-pattern>
>     </web-resource-collection>
>     <auth-constraint>
>       <role-name>CN=FacultyStaff,OU=Groups,OU=EMP,DC=AC</role-name>
>     </auth-constraint>
>   </security-constraint>
>   <login-config>
>     <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
>     <realm-name>TESTING</realm-name>
>   </login-config>
>    <error-page>
>     <error-code>401</error-code>
>     <location>/error.html</location>
>   </error-page>
>
>   <security-role>
>     <role-name>CN=FacultyStaff,OU=Groups,OU=EMP,DC=AC</role-name>
>   </security-role>
>
>   <session-config>
>     <session-timeout>2</session-timeout>
>   </session-config>
> </web-app>
>
> Yes, if it is run on Window, no credential window was prompted, but instead, the error.html
> However, if it is run on Linux, credential window was prompted, but, if unsuccessful,
or clicking "Cancel", 401 error message still show up. <error-page> was ignored.