tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Menachem Husarsky <husar...@hotmail.com>
Subject windows 2k3 / Tomcat 6 / IIS configuration - randomly losing sessions
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 19:09:21 GMT

I'll start by giving a brief history:

We have multiple sites on our old host that ran under IIS and Resin fine for years, we recently
switched to a dedicated server using windows 2k3. Under IIS we installed the isapi connector
tool from apache version 1.2.27, and we are currently using tomcat 6 for all our sites. The
problem started from day one. each day across all our sites, "some" shoppers will randomly
have their carts purged out right in the middle of their checkout process. I have determined
this isn't a browser cookie issue, as they had a solid session going otherwise they wouldn't
have been able to enter products into their cart and begin the checkout process. I also know
customers are within the 30 timeout window as they have emailed us stating not 5 minutes after
entering checkout they were sent back to their cart page with an empty cart message. My only
conclusion is somehow these customers are losing their sessions and being issued new ones.
It seems to do this randomly and I can't seem to replicate the error myself, but I am recording
how often it occurs to other people. I'm uncertain who is the culprit here (IIS or Tomcat
or TomcatRedirector).

I have read other entries with people who have similar problems, but there doesn't seem to
be much in the way of solutions. Can anyone please point me in the right direction as to figure
out where to go from here? I've reached a dead end, and don't know how to proceed. Thank you
for any help or advice anyone can offer me.

Michael
husarsky@hotmail.com

Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry
http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Mobile2_042009