tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Deploying to Tomcat Server
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 19:11:54 GMT

bat(ch) files are run thru a command processor such as bash or cmd.exe /C as in example

        <exec executable="cmd.exe">
            <arg value="/c"/>
            <arg line="C:\apache-tomcat-4.1.39\apache-tomcat-4.1.39\bin\startup.bat" />
            <env key="CATALINA_HOME" value="C:\apache-tomcat-4.1.39\apache-tomcat-4.1.39"/>
           <env key="CATALINA_BASE" value="C:\apache-tomcat-4.1.39\apache-tomcat-4.1.39"/>
        </exec>

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/exec.html
Martin Gainty
Disclaimer and Confidentiality/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Note de déni et de
confidentialité
This message is confidential. If you should not be the intended receiver, then we ask politely
to report. Each unauthorized forwarding or manufacturing of a copy is inadmissible. This message
serves only for the exchange of information and has no legal binding effect. Due to the easy
manipulation of emails we cannot take responsibility over the the contents.
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> From: sfarrugia@fry.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org; p@pidster.com
> Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:44:43 -0400
> Subject: RE: Deploying to Tomcat Server
>
> Yes this is most certainly a tomcat/ant issue - probably a tomcat issue - something in
startup.bat since you say that you cannot even run the ide using startup.bat  Looks like a
misplaced quote someplace in the bat file.