tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Prevent Hot Linking
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:24:38 GMT

Graeme-
if I interpret the requirement correctly you need some manner of rewriting the URL?

with Tomcat you can use URLRewrite available from tuckey
http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

anyone?
Martin
Disclaimer and Confidentiality/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Note de déni et de
confidentialité
This message is confidential. If you should not be the intended receiver, then we ask politely
to report. Each unauthorized forwarding or manufacturing of a copy is inadmissible. This message
serves only for the exchange of information and has no legal binding effect. Due to the easy
manipulation of emails we cannot take responsibility over the the contents.
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> From: coolkidd3@hotmail.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: Prevent Hot Linking
> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 04:15:15 +0100
>

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to configure tomcat to prevent some one from downloading a file I host
when they are not within my domain?

> For example I have a file hosted here:
> www.mydomain.com/mypage/file.xml
>
> That is listed on a page here:
> www.mydomain.com/mypage/mypage.html
>
> They will have no problem downloading it, but if the link to the file.xml was listed
elsewhere e.g.
> www.notmydomain.com/notmypage/notmypage.html
> They would be denied access.
>
> I know I can do this using .htaccess on Apache but I don't know if this is possible using
WEB-INF/web.xml