tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Replication Stops Overnight
Date Sat, 11 Apr 2009 23:43:21 GMT

the default dropTime from MCastService  is 3 secs e.g.
properties.setProperty("memberDropTime","3000");

would suggest increase memberDropTime property (so MCastService detects a Heartbeat)

Martin
does anyone knows what op means about 'going home'?
Disclaimer and Confidentiality/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Note de déni et de
confidentialité
This message is confidential. If you should not be the intended receiver, then we ask politely
to report. Each unauthorized forwarding or manufacturing of a copy is inadmissible. This message
serves only for the exchange of information and has no legal binding effect. Due to the easy
manipulation of emails we cannot take responsibility over the the contents.
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 15:03:02 -0700
> From: theparanoidone@yahoo.com
> Subject: Replication Stops Overnight
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
>

> Greetings,
>
> We are using tomcat6 cluster in two data-centers with replicated sessions.  We are not
using multicast because multicast broadcast between network subnets/zones is difficult to
setup, so instead we are using static members  (data center 1:  webd101, and webd102  /  data
center 2:  webd201, webd202).

> Everything works fine during normal hours and *all 4* servers receive session replication...
but if I go home for the night and come back in the morning... data center 1 does not replicate
new sessions to data center 2 (and vice versa).     For example, a new session will get replicated
between:  webd101 and webd102 ... but it will not make its way over to webd201 and webd202.

> It's like the connection between data centers gets clipped by the ??firewall?? ... and
won't automatically pick back up.

> The strange thing is... the heartbeats are still flowing so all 4 tomcat instances still
know they are all alive.

> I'm currently testing explicity setting the firewall to "never" clip connections on port
4000...  I have to wait until tomorrow to see if it works.

> In the meantime... are there any other server.xml settings I can set to try and get this
to pick back up?

> I found one error message in catalina.out (only on 1 of 4 clusters):
> ----------------------------
> Apr 11, 2009 4:08:47 AM org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReplicationTask run
> WARNING: IOException in replication worker, unable to drain channel. Probable cause:
Keep alive socket closed[Connection reset by peer].

> Below is the cluster section of my server.xml:
>

>                         <!-- Clustering support http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cluster-howto.html
-->
>                         <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster">
>
>                                 <!-- Specifies not to replicate session data from
files that can't alter sessions -->