tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: virtual hosts and tomcat-users.xml
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 00:12:36 GMT

the webapplication web.xml can reference previously defined Resources (UserDatabase) as here
  <resource-env-ref>
    <description>
      Link to the UserDatabase instance from which we request lists of
      defined role names.  Typically, this will be connected to the global
      user database with a ResourceLink element in server.xml or the context
      configuration file for the Manager web application.
    </description>
    <resource-env-ref-name>users</resource-env-ref-name>
    <resource-env-ref-type>
      org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase
    </resource-env-ref-type>
  </resource-env-ref>

Here is the applicable UserDatabase which can be configured in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml
              type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
              pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
//pathname can point to any user defined xml
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
</tomcat-users>

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and Confidentiality/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Note de déni et de
confidentialité
This message is confidential. If you should not be the intended receiver, then we ask politely
to report. Each unauthorized forwarding or manufacturing of a copy is inadmissible. This message
serves only for the exchange of information and has no legal binding effect. Due to the easy
manipulation of emails we cannot take responsibility over the the contents.
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.