tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Chambers <chamb...@imageworks.com>
Subject Tomcat does not shut down
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:28:50 GMT
Hey guys.  Just recently, I've started to have this problem with Tomcat not shutting down if
the server has handled lots of traffic.  Our test servers, which have very small amount of
traffic, shut down fine.  I have to manually kill the Tomcat process.  If I run it in the
foreground, ctr-c hangs forever.  We're using Tomcat 6.0.18.  The main components of our web
application is Spring 2.5, Oracle 10, and Ice.  Any tips that I can use to figure out what
the server is doing or help it shut down quicker would be great.  Thanks

-Matt