tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dan Armbrust <daniel.armbrust.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to debug Error: listenerStart?
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 14:09:16 GMT
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: Dan Armbrust [mailto:daniel.armbrust.list@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: How to debug Error: listenerStart?
>>
>> Why doesn't tomcat log a stack trace
>
> It does, in the log associated with the <Host> of interest:
>

>> Any thoughts on if this is a bug, a specific problem with
>> my tomcat installation, or a design decision that I don't
>> agree with?
>
> It's simply your failure to look in the appropriate log file, rather than the console.
>
>  - Chuck

Actually,  it's not.  The stack trace is not present in _any_ log file
that Tomcat is creating, in my instance of Tomcat.  So, I seem to have
a secondary problem that is messing up Tomcats logging configuration.

Any idea what I should check, to figure out why I don't have a <Host> log file?