tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Slightly OT: log4j - generic log4j.dtd
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:40:01 GMT
> From: Gregor Schneider [mailto:rc46fi@googlemail.com]
> Most of you may know the typical first lines of any
> log4j.xml-config-file:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration SYSTEM "log4j.dtd">

Why does the DTD need to be stored relative to the XML file rather than (say) with its correct
absolute path, then use the XML parser's preferred solution to tell it where the local DTD
cache is?

This is just an idle thought - I've no idea how or even whether it would work in Tomcat, as
I don't know how you'd set up the cache location.  But most XML parsers have one *somewhere*.

                - Peter