tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Duffy <mduffy_li...@yahoo.com>
Subject Directed Load Balancing with Sticky Sessions
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 05:48:53 GMT

I've read through the load balancing info in the docs:  Using Apache HTTP Server 2.x with
mod_proxy

What I would like to do is have users sign in on one server and then, based on geographic
characteristics, redirect them to another server.

If I simply use the method sendRedirect(String location) from HttpServletResponse will the
redirected users have a sticky sessions on the server I am redirecting them to?

We have a large base of geographically dispersed users.  Our data base is a far greater bottleneck
than our application servers.  Our plan is to geographically segment the data base and then
match a Tomcat server to a data base.

Any suggestions?

Thx.

Mike